Tire & Brake Wear
Choose our Tire and Brake Wear maintenance option for basic coverage of your rented or leased over-the-road trailers.
Tire and Brake Wear Coverage
Tire and Brake Wear maintenance includes:
- Tire and brake wear replacement for normal, non-damage wear
- No rebills on nuisance damage repairs*
- Estimated mileage charges
Tire and Brake Wear Customer Responsibilities
Overall operating condition of the trailer
- Maintain proper oil/grease levels in hubs.
- Notify XTRA Lease promptly of any potential mechanical failure or problem.
Preventative trailer maintenance
- Perform required preventative maintenance.
- Perform DOT Maintenance or Provincial inspections.
- Adjust brakes when needed.
- Repair air leaks or damage to air lines.
- Notify XTRA Lease when brakes reach 3/8th of an inch. XTRA Lease will replace at 2/8th of an inch.
- Repair shorts in wiring or defective wiring.
- Replace defective lights at time of inspection.
- Replace burned-out lights, broken light assemblies, damage to wiring or the 7-way connector, lost lenses and reflectors.
- Replace worn parts due to normal wear, as needed at time of inspection.
- Repair flats and replace tires damaged by road hazards, cuts, and curbing.
*XTRA Lease's No Nuisance Damage Rebill policy applies to over-the-road trailers and at termination of rental agreement only. The policy doesn't apply to storage trailers.