Get our tough, efficient reefers in your fleet.
XTRA Lease reefer trailers are spec’d to maintain fixed temperatures, withstand the rigors of loading and unloading freight, and resist wear all while remaining CARB-compliant, fuel-efficient and driver-friendly.
Reefer Trailer Models
Choose from our extensive selection of exemplary reefer trailers:
Liftgate Reefer Trailer
Reefer Trailer Features
Improper temperature control can ruin cargo. That’s why XTRA Lease reefer trailers feature advanced cooling systems to ensure your cargo’s temperature stays within the acceptable range from pick-up through delivery.
Reefers are loaded and unloaded quickly and frequently, which makes damage pretty likely. We’ve spec’d our trailers with an emphasis on durability and performance.
- Fast temperature recovery after door opening
- Better control of refrigerant flow, resulting in lower fuel use and emissions, lower compressor power
- Low-fuel sensor that prevents time lost to re-priming
- Temperature control to match load requirements and reduce driver entry errors
- Stainless steel rear frames, energy-absorbing interior liners, forklift protection features, and heavy-duty pallet stops protect your cargo.
- Weight-reducing aluminum crossmembers resist corrosion and give you maximum payload capacity.
Side skirts and low rolling-resistance tires—on all our reefers—are mandatory in California, but their fuel-saving benefits make them effective for all fleets looking to save up to 6.5% in fuel costs*.
Reefers equipped with advanced trailer technology
We pack every reefer with advanced trailer technology, so we can help your fleet work smarter while saving you time and money. XTRA Lease provides FREE trailer tracking on all reefers. Lease customers can upgrade to two-way monitoring reefer telematics to get more complete monitoring data.Learn about reefer telematics