When you choose the Net/Net Maintenance option:
- You manage all maintenance and service on your leased trailers.
- You won’t have mileage charges on your trailers.
- You won't be billed for 24 nuisance damage repairs.*
All trailer maintenance must follow the XTRA Lease repair standards.
Net/Net Maintenance Customer Responsibilities
Customers perform required preventative trailer maintenance and DOT or provincial inspections.
Replace normally worn tires below 4/32nd of an inch.
- Tire wear (per 1/32nd of an inch) will be measured at delivery and when the trailer's returned.
- Trailers returned with the same tire tread as checked out won't be charged for tire wear.
- Trailers that go out with original casings must be returned with original casings.
- Replace brakes due to normal wear at 2/8th of an inch, per DOT guidelines.
- Brake wear (per 1/8th of an inch) will be measured when the trailer's returned.
- Trailers returned with the same brake depth as checked out won't be charged for brake wear.
Replace any parts worn due to normal wear, as needed.