XTRA Lease is transitioning to new and improved trailer tracking, powered by SkyBitz.
This service will make it easier for you to find, manage and return your rental trailers faster. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy in our new tracking service:
- Better dashboard—dormancy, utilization, trailer list, map, internal reports and more on one page.
- Trip-based reporting at beginning and end of every drive and at 30-minute intervals when trailer is moving. Daily heartbeat when it isn’t.
- Landmarks, points of interest and trailer groups you can customize for your needs.
- No connection to 7-way plug needed; solar-powered unit allows extended deployment.
- FREE on rented and leased over-the-road trailers!
Here’s how the transition to our new tracking service may affect you.
In the Future
- We’re installing SkyBitz devices on our idle trailers.
If you have trailers on rent or lease that are due to be upgraded*, we’ll
*2009 and newer dry vans, 2012 and newer reefers
- install new tracking devices on those trailers at your facility or at our branch.
- reach out to work with you on this transition.
Our new SkyBitz tracking site is available. Our Omnitracs site will operate alongside the SkyBitz site through December 31, 2017.
So, if you have a mix of
- trailers with SkyBitz installed
- trailers still operating on Omnitracs
...you’ll be able to track them from your existing account using a transition page that...
- lets you choose the appropriate trailers based on the tracking system installed.
- lets you search for a single trailer.
Thank you for your patience during this transition. Please feel free to contact your local branch
or our Customer Connection Center